BOC 3 Filing
BOC 3 Filing
Here is what BOC 3 filing refers to:
- BOC 3 filing is a form required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) for motor carriers operating in interstate commerce.
- It provides the FMCSA with contact information and authorizes a process agent to accept service of legal documents on behalf of the carrier.
- The form must be filed before interstate operations may begin, and it must be renewed each year. Must visit BOC-3
- The filing consists of two parts: Form BOC-3 and Form BOC-3 Designation of Process Agents.
- Additionally, if a motor carrier uses subcontractors to operate its vehicles, they must also complete and file Form MCS-90. Read here about Starting a Trucking Company Correctly.
What Is the FMCSA BOC-3 Form?
Carriers and brokers can file Form BOC-3 (Designation of Process Agents) with the FMCSA. This form should be filed by a process agent acting on behalf of the applicant. Those applicants without commercial motor vehicles, such as brokers or freight forwarders, may file the form on their own behalf. There should only ever be one completed form on file which must include all states for which agency designations are needed. It is recommended that one copy be kept by the carrier or broker at its main place of business. What is MC Number?
Instructions About Filing the Form
Regulations around designating people to whom process may be served can be found in 49 CFR 366. Every state that a carrier, broker or freight forwarder operates in requires the designation of an agent who must reside within the same state. In addition, carriers and brokers may designate themselves for their own individual states of residence, and state officials may act as agents only if they provide agreement to do so. Please note that post office box addresses are not accepted. What is DOT Clearinghouse Enforcement?
The BOC-3 filing is a requirement of the FMCSA for interstate transportation companies. This form serves as a way for individuals to get in touch with you if legal action needs to be taken. What is DOT SAP Program? A process agent is a representative that can receive court documents on your behalf and will forward them to you via certified mail. Having this person appointed lets everyone know where they can send important paperwork if needed. By completing the BOC-3 form, you are ensuring potential legal issues are handled smoothly and promptly. How To Request the DOT PIN Number?
It is important that you keep your mailing address up-to-date with the FMCSA and any third party organization such as our own. This will ensure that you receive any court proceedings papers in a timely manner, helping to avoid a possible default judgement. For further information about Designation of Process Agents by Motor Carriers and Brokers, please refer to FMCSA Regulation 49 CFR Part. What is Unified Carrier Registration?
What Takes Place Once I Complete My BOC-3 Form ThroughFMCSAregistration.com?
Your BOC-3 form can be filed by our experts within 72 hours of you submitting it. Before filing the form, please make sure that all of the information on the first page matches what is registered with the FMCSA. Once we've taken care of filing your form, you'll receive a confirmation letter as well as a list of process agents in every state and a copy of the filed BOC-3 form for your records. Must visit FMCSA Hours of Service Suspended topics. Also, take a look at the Drug and Alcohol Program policy.
Once FMCSAregistration.comFilesMy Form, Does theForm Have to GetRe-Filed Once Per Year?
Nope. But ff any of the information associated with your business changes - such as ownership, company name or address - it is important to refile the BOC-3 form within the limited time frame allowed by the FMCSA. To ensure compliance, you should keep both the FMCSA and FMCSAregistration.com up to date with any relevant updates. It's critical that you stay on top of this process in order to maintain a valid operating authority. Please contact us if you need assistance in filing a new or updated BOC-3 form. We're here to help! Visit DOT Authority Package, Tips to prepare for 2022 DOT Week filings in minutes.
When Can I Receive an Annual Renewal Invoice?
Come December, you can receive a renewal notice to keep your process agents – who are all attorneys – up to date. Should you ever find yourself in the middle of court proceedings, do not hesitate to reach out and contact the process agent on your own for legal representation in that state. How to get Oregon Trip And Fuel Permit?
Are you a business that owns or operates commercial vehicles? We understand how complex the process can be to get all the necessary requirements and keep your commercial vehicle legally on the road. The BOC-3 (Designation of Agents for Service of Process) is mandatory in order to secure operating authority and maintain an interstate active status! Learn here How to Prepare for a Compliance DOT Audit.
Every trucker for hire, broker, or freight forwarder must have their BOC-3 form filed with the FMCSA in order to receive their Authority. It's only through a process agent that this authorization can be granted. Please contact our organization today to get started. We are standing by to set your trucking company up with a process agent in every state where you do business. This way, you can maintain an excellent standing with the DOT and FMCSA.Check out The Basics of Farm Exemptions. You will then have the ability to maintain complete motor carrier authority or broker. What are the Top 3 DOT paper-appointed Violations?
Summary: What Does BOC 3 Filing Involve?
- BOC 3 filing is an official document that must be filed with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration by all entities that wish to act as a motor carrier, freight forwarder, or broker.
- It allows the FMCSA to identify the designated process agents for each state where business is conducted. Read about Texas DOT Numbers and USDOT Numbers.
- This document must include contact information for the process agent who is authorized to receive legal documents on behalf of the company.
- The BOC 3 form must also have name and contact information of any other officers in your company, such as president and/or secretary/treasurer.
- Additionally, it requires any required fees associated with operating within a particular state to be paid before submitting.