Fine for No DOT Medical Card
Fine for No DOT Medical Card
Here is the information you need about the fine for no DOT medical card. Drivers who fail to keep a valid DOT medical card can face serious consequences. Depending on the severity of the violation, drivers may be fined up to $2,750 for failing to maintain their card. In some cases, drivers may also be suspended from operating a commercial vehicle until they can demonstrate that they are medically qualified and in possession of an up-to-date medical card. DOT disqualifying medical conditions.
It is important to remember that fines and suspensions vary by state; so, it is absolutely crucial to check local laws before driving commercially without a valid DOT medical card. Also, employers can be held liable if they knowingly allow an unqualified driver to operate a commercial vehicle. The bottom line is: having a valid DOT medical card is essential for any driver operating a commercial vehicle. Read here about Starting a Trucking Company Correctly.
How Do I Renew a DOT Medical Card?
Here is how to renew a DOT medical card:
- Check your DOT medical card's expiration date. You should plan to renew at least 30 days before it expires.
- Schedule an appointment with a doctor who is certified to administer the DOT physical exam (more info can be found on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website).
- Bring proof of your identity, such as a driver’s license or passport, to the appointment.
- Make sure you have any necessary immunizations up-to-date and that you bring proof of these immunizations with you. Must visit the link.
- During the physical exam, make sure to disclose any current medications you are taking, as well as any past medical conditions that could affect your ability to safely operate a vehicle. Visit DOT Authority Package, Tips to prepare for 2022 DOT Week filings in minutes. How to get Oregon Trip And Fuel Permit?
Does a DOT Medical Card Expire?
If you're wondering whether or not your DOT Medical Card will expire, the answer is YES! Your card is valid for a maximum of two years from its issue date. It's important to keep track of when your card expires so that you don't risk being in violation of commercial motor vehicle safety rules and regulations. So make sure to mark it on your calendar and plan ahead to renew it before it expires. Don't be caught unaware! Also, take a look at Drug and Alcohol Program policy. What is DOT Clearinghouse Enforcement? Give us a call.
Who Must Have a DOT Medical Card?
If you drive commercially, it is important that you maintain a valid medical card. That's why the Department of Transportation (DOT) requires commercial drivers to get an exam every two years and carry a valid medical certificate to stay on the road. The safety of our roads depends on it! Read about Texas DOT Number and USDOT Number. Learn here How to Prepare for a Compliance DOT Audit.
What Are the Steps for Receiving a DOT Medical Card?
Here are the common steps for receiving a DOT medical card:
- Get your medical exam done by an approved physician. Your doctor will evaluate your medical history, current medications and overall health, as well as perform an eye exam. Also visit the link.
- Provide the doctor with proof of identity. Acceptable forms of identification include a U.S. passport or driver’s license. What is DOT SAP Program?
- Complete the Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination (Form MCSA–5876). The form must be completed in full and signed by both you and the doctor performing the examination.
- Submit the completed form to your state DMV or motor vehicle agency, which forwards it to a designated Medical Examiner’s Certifying Officer (MECO) who reviews all paperwork before issuing a DOT medical card. Check out The Basics of Farm Exemptions. You will then have the ability to maintain complete motor carrier authority or broker. What are the Top 3 DOT paper appointed Violations?
Summary: The Fine for Operating Without a Medical Card
- Drivers who fail to keep a valid DOT medical card can face serious consequences, including fines up to $2,750 and suspensions from operating a commercial vehicle. What is MC Number?
- Fines and suspensions vary by state.
- Check local laws before considering driving commercially without a valid medical card. How To Request the DOT PIN Number?
- Employers can also be held liable for drivers' failure to maintain a valid medical card.